On Wednesday, January 3, ICIT deployed the VBrick Rev 7.18 update to our environment. In this latest update, the following fixes and enhancements will be included:
- (New) Email Notifications. Rev will now send you an automatic email once a video has been processed and uploaded. The email will contain the title of the video and a link to access it. Remember to check the video access settings before distributing the link to others.
- (New) Online Video Editing. Rev now includes the ability to edit video clips you have uploaded. The editor requires no browser plug-ins, Flash or Java to use in supported browsers.
- It contains the ability to cut multiple segments from the front, middle or end of the video.
- Video Chapters enable you to set and jump to specific locations. Additionally, you may define chapters by name or by slide title with a PowerPoint upload.
- (New) Embedded Playlists. Playlists may now be embedded in a similar fashion to an individual video asset.
- (New) Video Filter Enhancements. A new video filter interface has been implemented that includes multiple attributes that you may now search on to filter video searches.
- (New) Podcast Support. VBrick Rev now features podcast support through .mp3 file uploads.
- (New) Teams Update and Enhancements. Rev now has a new way to create better content organization using Teams. This feature will allow you to organize content by functional area giving users a simpler method to ensure videos are seen by the right users.
- (New) Content Expiration Rules. Expiration rules may now be set on different content types.
- (New) Media Menu Update. The Media menu has been enhanced and divided into two sub-menu drop-downs Videos and My Teams. Each of these options provide quick access to several video and team features.
- (Updates) Bulk Edit. Bulk editing in Rev has been updated to add the ability to bulk edit Teams video access features and expiration dates and rules.
- (Updates) .mts file support. Files created in the .mts format can now be uploaded to Rev.
- (Fixed) Default Search Criteria. Corrected minor problem where the default search for a video was by Title and not by Relevance.
- (Fixed) Tool Tip on Hover for List View and Grid Button. Provided an improvement on the videos page when hovering on the view icons to show a tool tip as to which view – list view or grid view – is being displayed.
What’s VBrick Rev?
Rev is a Media Management System that we have available for use by all Instructors and Students at UW-Whitewater. You can access Rev by going to: http://streaming.uww.edu
If you have any questions or concerns about this update, please contact the Learning Technology Center.