On Saturday, January 18, Instructure will deploy the latest release to the Canvas environment. The highlights of this release are listed below. The full release notes are also available.
- Direct Share Course-Level Features: Instructors can copy individual course items to another course and share individual items with other users.
- Personal Pronoun feature description: Users can select pronouns to associate with their account in Canvas. The initial set of options will be: He/His, She/Hers, They/Theirs.
- Postable Submission Comments: Assignments with the “Manual” Posting Policy will now be able to have Comments posted for students to see before entering a grade.
- New Quizzes – Answer Shuffling: Instructors using the “New Quizzes” tool will now be able to shuffle answers on multiple choice, multiple answer, and matching quiz questions.
- Please note that “New Quizzes” is still in Beta and UW-Whitewater recommends the use of the standard quizzing tool.
- Rich Content Editor Update: Instructors can start using the Rich Content Editor update early by enabling it in their settings area. Instructure plans to make the updates on by default in a future update.
Winterim 2020 grades are due 4:00pm, Tuesday January 21. Directions for eGrading are available for instructors who wish to use this process.
Remember to Publish your courses. Spring 2020 courses start Tuesday January 21. It is important to remember that students will be unable to enter the course, and instructors will be unable to us the Inbox to message students until the course is published.
If you have any questions or concerns about the service pack updates, please contact UW-W Canvas Support.