- Instructor Training Course. All faculty who have taught a course in the last two semesters, or are already scheduled to teach next fall, will be invited to join the Canvas Instructor Training course. To gain access, simply click the “Get Started” button in the email when it arrives, or sign into Canvas to accept the invitation.
- Fall 2018 Courses. The UW-System is working out the final issues with WINS enrollments and the Fall 2018 courses are expected to be available in July. Courses will be automatically created for you, and there will no longer be a request process. Currently all instructors should have access to at least 3 Blank Courses. These courses can be used as a Master Course to develop your content which can then easily be copied over into your Fall 2018 course once it is created.
- Freshman Facing Courses. Are you teaching a course that typically has incoming freshman? We strongly encourage you to get started with Canvas in the Fall 2018 semester! We have been working instructors of the most common freshman courses, and we are trying to get as many of them over to Canvas as possible. Our goal is to make things easier for the students, and limit their need to learn both Canvas and Desire2Learn.
- Course Integrations (Turnitin, Lockdown Browser, etc). We are actively working on getting all of the integrations in place. Currently, the following integration’s are complete and ready for you to use: Films on Demand, Google Drive, Turning Point 8, Turnitin and W. W. Norton – InQuizitive. For the full list of integration’s that are still being worked on, check out the tracking page at External Application Integrations List.
- Canvas Peer Mentors. The LTC has college-specific peer mentors available to help assist their colleges with the Canvas Transition. The peer mentors are available to help answer your migration questions, and can provide you training information and resources about the Canvas platform. Meet your Peer Mentors!
Want to learn more about Canvas? Join us at one of our online or face-to-face workshops this summer! Signup at: http://go.uww.edu/ltc-workshop-signup
If you have any questions or concerns about the transition, please reach out to the UW-W Learning Technology Center.