Summer of Becoming the Healthiest & Happiest You! (Part 2)
Throughout this summer, this blog series of Summer of Becoming the Healthiest & Happiest you! Will go through how you can be the healthiest version of yourself. It is about learning how to change the way you eat, move, and feel by the end of the summer. If you haven’t checked out part 1 yet, click here to start! Here in part 2, we will go through steps on how to improve your physical well-being. Not lose weight, or start fad diets or workouts, but truly figuring out what to do with yourself to make yourself feel good and healthy! In this part, we will examine ways for steps you can take to see what is right for you!
Each blog of the series contains a different healthy meal idea that you can make on your own, no equipment exercises that you can do outside or inside, and some things to keep you busy. If you are college student like me, you know that the summers have less and less time for relaxation, friends, and family because you are likely working full time. Going through the motion of working everyday especially in the summer can be tough on your mental health where you don’t find times during the day to do something that you enjoy!
Remember: being thin is okay. Not being thin is okay. Having curves is okay. Not having curves is okay. Love who you are and your body! Do what makes YOU feel healthy and confident in yourself!
Why physical fitness is so important for your health?
- Keeps you physically healthy by maintaining your body’s healthy weight, cholesterol levels, respiratory and cardiovascular health.
- Healthier mind
- A way to destress and improve your mood by being physically active
- Doing only 30 minutes of exercise
- Whether its walking or doing an intense HITT workout, being physically active makes your over health and well-being improve.
- Promotes better sleep, improves your mood, and boosts your energy
- This is a benefit that physical activity has to benefit your overall health
- Changing your mindset about exercising
- Having the lack of motivation or looking at exercise as something too much work is common when starting to be physically active. Check out our latest blog to read how to get started to be active!
No Equipment Exercises (make them your own and what you feel comfortable doing!)
- HITT Workouts
Hobbies to try and prevent boredom
- Get organizing–closets, desks, and bookshelves all need a good summer clean out!
- Learn how to sew or knit
- Try some Pinterest crafts
- Build a birdhouse
Top 3 healthy DESSERTS of the week
I hope you follow along throughout the summer and use some of these tips to make you healthier and enjoy your summer to the fullest!
Strive for progress not perfection!