College students are known for eating unhealthily or gaining the freshman fifteen when living in a dorm room. Foods like ramen, mac and cheese cups, instant mashed potatoes, or eating pizza from the dining hall every day are unhealthy but it’s the easy and cheap …
This is the final part of Make Your Impact on Summer 2022 series and started in the beginning of June. This series is all about doing things for yourself and just simply trying to improve your wellbeing. It can be very difficult to simply just focus on yourself and strive to be the best version of yourself, but this series was hopefully your steppingstones to making this your most impactful summer. Blogs consist of anything from mental health tips, hobbies to keep busy, how to stay in shape, some healthy snacks and meals that will boost your nutrition, staying hydrated, and many other subtopics.
If you have not yet read part 1, part 2, part 3, or part 4 of this blog series, click on the hyperlinks to learn ways to relax in summer to help improve your mental health and fun ways to work out in the summer without having to go to the gym. Part 5 of Make your Impact on Summer 2022 is focused on making the most of the final days of summer. Accomplish those last goals and tasks you wanted to get done but never had the time. Make your final impact on this summer and use this time to relax your mind and begin setting goals for the fall. This part will contain ideas and ways you can enjoy the last days of summer.
Enjoy the rest of summer:
- Watch a sunrise
- The best way to start your day is by watching a beautiful sunset. Find some peace and relaxation, sit back and enjoy.
- Go take a walk-in nature
- Take in all the sunshine and the peace and quiet of nature. Try to walk multiple times a week, walking outside can change your whole day and mood!
- Star gaze
- Star gazing doesn’t have to be a romantic activity to do. It can be very peaceful and relaxing to do alone, so lay out a blanket and enjoy the warm summer nights before the opportunity has passed!
- Go to the lake with friends
- Even if it is for a few hours, take your friends or family to go to a lake or beach nearby and spend the day soaking up the sun and relaxing.
- Do absolutely nothing
- Summer is supposed to be relaxing but sometimes we never stop to take a breath. Take a few hours or a whole day to purely relax. Read a book outside, binge your favorite TV show, do a hobby you haven’t done in a while, or even better treat yourself to a nap!
This is the final part of Make your Impact on Summer 2022. I truly hope those who followed along throughout the summer enjoyed this series and hopefully found this to be useful! Make the most out of the last moments of summer!
Strive for progress not perfection!