This is the final part of Make Your Impact on Summer 2022 series and started in the beginning of June. This series is all about doing things for yourself and just simply trying to improve your wellbeing. It can be very difficult to simply just …
Tag: Warhawk Fitness & Aquatics
Summer is unfortunately coming to a close. However, we have one more blog that is a part of this series, which is the one you are reading right now! The past four blogs we have been discussing summer activity ideas you can do alone or …
This is part 4 of Make Your Impact on Summer 2022 series which will continue until school starts up again in the fall. This series is all about doing things for yourself and just simply trying to improve your wellbeing. It can be very difficult to simply just focus on yourself and strive to be the best version of yourself, but this blog will be your steppingstones to make this your most impactful summer. Blogs will consist of anything from mental health tips, hobbies to keep busy, how to stay in shape, some healthy snacks and meals that will boost your nutrition, staying hydrated, and many other subtopics.
If you have not yet read part 1, part 2, or part 3 of this blog series, click on the hyperlinks to learn ways to relax in summer to help improve your mental health and fun ways to work out in the summer, without having to go to the gym. Part 4 of Make your Impact on Summer 2022 will focus on the most important aspect to nutrition and wellness, hydration. It can be hard to drink water constantly throughout the day, especially if you’re bored with it. Cutting the drinks that dehydrate your body is also important. In this blog there will be other things to eat and drink to help you stay well hydrated, as well as drinks or foods that are dehydrating your body more than you think.
Alternatives to water:
- Try sparkling water
- Find a brand and flavor of sparkling water that solely contains water, without any processed additives that you can enjoy compared to normal flat water.
- Add a splash of flavor
- Add a lemon wedge, cucumber slice, fresh mint leaves, or almost any fruit (fresh or frozen).
- Add juice to your water
- Adding a splash of 100% juice to your water will help your hydration while changing it up.
- Eat water-based vegetables and fruit
- Cucumbers, spinach, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, kiwis, and oranges all contain high levels of liquid that helps you stay hydrated. Salads are a great way to add hydration to your meal!
- Milk or dairy alternatives
- Drink milk or a plant-based milk to get some calcium and hydration all in one!
Food/drinks that dehydrate your body:
- Parsley and asparagus
- Soy sauce
- Salty snacks or fried foods
- Tea, coffee, or other caffeinated drinks
- Juice that is not 100%
I hope some of these hydration ideas help to get you drinking and eating more healthy hydration options. As well as cutting back on some items, or the amount in your diet that are dehydrating you, and your hydration levels will improve. Staying hydrated is important for our body to function properly, and it makes us feel healthier mentally and physically.
Strive for progress not success!
Towards the beginning of the summer I started a blog series for the summer called “Health and Wellness Activities for the Summer”. Well, today we are back with part four of this series! Luckily, there are an abundance of activities to do, especially with the …