Your Gut Affects Your Mental Health
Not taking care of your gut health can lead to serious issues with your mental health. Having poor gut health can cause anxiety, fatigue, lack of motivation, and can cause more stress on your body. Stress is a leading factor in poor gut health. Finding ways to release that built up stress like meditation, exercising, or journaling, anything to get the stress out of your body, will help improve your digestion. In this blog, there are lists of foods that help improve and maintain your gut health to keep your mind and body healthy.
Fiber Rich Foods
- Brans (oat and wheat)
- Prunes and raisins
- Whole grains (whole grain bread, pasta, cereal)
- Fresh fruits with skins (pears, apples, oranges, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- Nuts and seeds
- Vegetables (broccoli, green peas, squash, sweet potatoes with skin)
- Fatty fish (salmon, sardines, anchovies)
- Flax seeds
- Fruits (berries and grapes)
- Vegetables (broccoli, peppers, tomatoes)
Creating a diet filled with gut happy foods can increase your digestion and mental health. Keeping your diet filled with a wide range of foods with many nutrients has a positive impact on your gut. Don’t forget to drink lots of water throughout your day which will also help your digestion, gut and mental health.
Strive for progress not perfection!