Cut back on sugar and enjoy your sweets too! Whip up these tasty treats made with less sugar and wholesome ingredients.
Serving Size: 1 Bar | Yield: 16 servings | Method: Bake
- ½ cup Pumpkin, solid, canned
- ¼ cup Honey, pure
- ½ cup Peanut butter
- 2 each Eggs, large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Almond flour
- 1 ¼ tsp Cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Chocolate chips, bittersweet
- ¼ cup Almonds, slivered, blanched, rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper that overhangs on two edges and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Combine pumpkin, honey, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk together the almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a separate smaller bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold 6 Tbsp of chocolate chips and chopped slivered almonds. Transfer batter and sprinkle the top with the remaining 2 Tbsp chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until a knife or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 30 minutes. Use the overhanging parchment paper edges to lift bars out of pan and completely cool on a wire rack before slicing into 16 bars (4×4 per pan).
PER SERVING: 140 CALORIES | 80 CALORIES FROM FAT | 9 GM TOTAL FAT | 2.5 GM SATURATED FAT | 0 G TRANS FAT | 25 MG CHOLESTEROL | 80 MG SODIUM | 10 GM CARBOHYDRATE | 2 GM FIBER | 7 GM TOTAL SUGARS | 4 GM PROTEIN
– Elior North America
Leave a Reply