Loaded with good-for-your heart ingredients, this recipe gets an extra heart bonus due to the polyunsaturated fats found in the edamame and the monounsaturated fats in the extra-virgin olive oil.
Serving Size: 1 Cup | Yield: 5 Cups | Method: Cook
- 4 oz whole grain penne pasta
- 2 cups edamame, shelled, frozen, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup black beans, canned, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped cup lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp rosemary, fresh, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Prepare whole wheat pasta using the package directions, omitting the salt and oil that may be on package directions. Drain well in colander, running pasta under cold water for about 20 seconds.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl stir together remaining ingredients except for feta cheese (edamame shelled, black beans, green onion, parsley, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, rosemary and salt).
- Using a rubber scraper, fold the cooked pasta and feta cheese into mixture. Chill and serve.
PER SERVING: 320 CALORIES | 110 CALORIES FROM FAT | 12 GM TOTAL FAT | 2.5 GM SATURATED FAT | 0 GM TRANS FAT | <5 MG CHOLESTEROL | 250 MG SODIUM | 42 GM CARBOHYDRATES | 8 GM FIBER | 1 GM TOTAL SUGARS | 16 GM PROTEIN
– Elior North America
Leave a Reply