These muffins provide great pre or post work-out fuel. Sweet potatoes and banana deliver on carbs and potassium and the added beets provide extra nitrates which are linked to improved athletic performance.
Serving Size: 1 Muffin | Yield: 9 Muffins | Method: Bake
- 1 cup Old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup Cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 cup Sliced cooked beets
- 1 Banana
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Skim milk
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt, iodized
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pre-prep: Grind oats into flour using a blender or food processor and set aside.
- Put sweet potato, beets and banana in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, including oat flour, and mix well.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners and distribute the batter evenly by pouring or scooping 3 cup batter into 9 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool completely. Store under refrigeration for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw frozen muffins in fridge for 2 hours.