Oats are widely-known for their ability to reduce the risk of heart disease, thanks to soluble fiber. These on-the-go, crave-worthy oat cups combine the wonderful flavors of carrot cake without the mouthful of sugar. Adding sweet potatoes boosts nutrition and adds sweetness so added sugar may be kept to a minimum.
Serving Size: 1 Oatmeal Cup | Yield: 18 Oatmeal Cups | Method: Bake
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄8 tsp salt
- ½ cup brown sugar, light, packed
- 1½ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp nutmeg, ground
- ½ tsp cloves, ground
- ½ tsp ginger, ground
- 1 cup sweet potato, cooked, mashed
- ½ cup carrots, fresh, grated
- ½ cup pineapple, crushed, drained
- 2½ cups milk, non-fat
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and prepare muffin tin pans by lining with paper cups or spraying the cups with cooking spray.
- Add dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir together until spices are evenly dispersed.
- Add well-mashed sweet potato, carrots and pineapple to dry ingredients. Mix together well, making sure the veggies and fruit are evenly dispersed throughout the oat mixture.
- Add wet ingredients and stir well, making sure the dry mixture is completely wet.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, fill each muffin tin. Bake for 20 -22 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature per preference. Store in refrigerator.
PER SERVING: 120 CALORIES | 15 CALORIES FROM FAT | 1.5 GM TOTAL FAT | 0 GM SATURATED FAT | 0 GM TRANS FAT | 10 MG CHOLESTEROL | 70 MG SODIUM | 24 GM CARBOHYDRATES | 2 GM FIBER | 10 GM TOTAL SUGAR | 4 GM PROTEIN
-Elior North America