Just Craftin' Around

Holiday T-Rex Christmas

It is that time again. The Office T-Rex is being decorated for the end of the year celebration that is Christmas. This is one of my favorite activities at my job. Everyone always looks forward to how I am going to decorate the T-Rex. I ended up not decorating him for Thanksgiving because there was really no direct character that wouldn’t be offensive to decorate him as. He stayed as a fireman all throughout October and November.

Christmas T-Rex

I decided to dress the T-Rex as the one and only Santa Clause. I was deciding between this and an elf. I had used a similar design to the fireman’s costume for this. I used a sheet of red paper and added arms and legs. Then added the belt and the white fluff on his suit. I also added the gloves and the boots. I did not have black construction paper, so I had to color with black sharpie marker to create the illusion of black construction paper. I also reused his fireman’s hat to create a Santa hat. I created a hat using more construction paper and then taped it onto the fireman’s hat. Overall, the T-Rex’s outfit does make him look exactly like Santa… minus the beard.

I also decided to add more this time around with the stockings. I had created 12 stockings; one for each person in the office. I had just looked up a stocking template online. At first, I thought about just tracing the cutout on each colored sheet of paper. That sounded awful and time consuming. I then thought of just printing the design onto the colored paper and cutting it out from there. I chose red and green stockings because those are classic Christmas colors. I then had to cut out white pieces of paper for the top of the stockings. I just kind of traced around the outside of the top of the stocking. I then proceeded to write each person’s name on the stockings. If the stocking was red, I wrote in a green marker and if the stocking was green, I wrote in a red marker. It was a fun way to add a little bit more color to each stocking. I got this idea from the office next to ours. They had put candy canes all along their door and put each person’s name on them. I wanted to out do their name project… and I definitely did.

Tags: ,