Make Your Impact on Summer 2022. Part 1
This is part 1 of Make Your Impact on Summer 2022 and this blog series will continue till schools starts again in the fall. This series is all about doing things for yourself, making an effort to work on yourself. It can be very difficult to simply just focus on yourself and strive to be the best version of yourself, but this blog will be your steppingstones to make this your most impactful summer. Blogs will consist of anything from mental health tips, hobbies to keep busy, how to stay in shape, some healthy snacks and meals that will boost your nutrition, staying hydrated, and many other subtopics.
In part 1 we are starting our summer in full force. This part is going to dive into a daily routine for spending your weekends in summer to improve your mental health. To go further in part 1, a hobby that can help your mental health any day of the week, which is starting and maintaining a very simple vegetable garden. Working on yourself and mental health can be hard when that is the only thing that is focused on. Having something you care about, want to grow, and succeed, and can be produced from your own two hands, can be a wonderful way to increase your mental stability in Summer 2022.
Weekend Relaxation Routine:
- Get off your couch and relax outside with a book and enjoy the fresh air.
- Go for a long walk or hike to clear your mind.
- Try out your local farmers market to incorporate fresh ingredients in your diet.
- Start a garden or join a community garden (more on starting a garden below).
- Organize a small space like a drawer or cabinet to free up clutter and calm your space.
- Have a picnic with friends or by yourself. Eating outside can shake your routine up while getting some sun and fresh air.
- Try a new exercise routine and try outdoor activities (more on this in Part 2 of the series).
- Give yourself a spa day by relaxing in the tub, giving yourself an at home manicure/pedicure, or applying a face mask.
- Try meditation outdoors in a peaceful location and make lists of all the things you are grateful for.
Starting and Maintaining a Simple Garden:
- Find a sunny location and choose to either use drainage pots or plant your vegetables in the ground.
- Find the vegetables you would like to plant. Common and simple ones are tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, lettuce, green beans, carrots, and zucchini.
- Make sure you maintain your plants and water them frequently, especially during the hottest points of the summer.
- Be sure to have a barrier to keep animals like deer and squirrels away from your plants.
- If you want a very simple garden and have scraps lying around, russet potatoes and sweet potatoes can grow just by burying an old store bought potato into the dirt outdoors. Vegetables like lettuce, green onions, celery, carrots, onions, can all be started to regrow in a dish of water. Basil, cilantro, and other herbs can be also regrown through a vase of water. Garlic cloves can be buried outdoors to create new garlic bulbs, and you can plant leftover ginger root or mushrooms indoors in a pot of soil.
- If you want more tips on starting a simple vegetable garden, click here.
Starting a simple vegetable garden can be a relaxing, rewarding, and a money saving hobby you can start off this summer. Focusing on a small garden and having it be a relaxing resort can greatly benefit your mental health. Plan your perfect weekends and be sure you take time for yourself and your mental health in Summer 2022.
Strive for progress not perfection!