Hi all,

This week I thought I would showcase the items that I picked up recently. The area that I thrift at is in the Madison area. I am pretty lucky because there are a lot of locations in the area. I’m not only talking about Goodwill and St.Vincent De Paul. There are a few small stores that are locally run that sometimes have a deal that you won’t find at those chain locations. However, I mostly frequent Goodwill and St.Vincent De Paul. The reason for this is because the locally run stores often have prices that are much higher. I also know what to expect in Goodwill and SVDP because the layouts of the stores do not differ much. There used to be a Savers location in the area, but unfortunately or fortunately it went out of business? I saw fortunately because when there was a Savers I would spend hours and a decent amount of money in the store. The clothing section and the random items section always had so much to look through. Alas, rip Savers. Anyways, enough with my now common rambling that you all see in these blogs. I will be moving on to what I picked up at the thrift recently.

$.99 from Goodwill
9.99 SVDP
  1. Sometimes it is good to go in with no expectations of clothing that you are looking for. Ironically, that is when you will find the best items
  2. Don’t skim. You can go through the clothing pretty fast, but always be sure to get a good glance in before you move on.
  3. Sometimes the thrift will have special events. Always go to the clothing ones. If it is a chain thrift store, they will gather items from many locations. Thus, you will get a mix of clothing that you would not have otherwise seen. Special events that I have seen/been to: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Outdoors clothing, Winter clothing.
  4. If retro is your vibe, check the women’s section. I don’t mean go all out and look through that clothing though. I mostly mean the jackets or the sweatshirts. They often have some really funky colorways in this section that can be unisex. Big 80s and 90s vibes.