Hey all,
This week I thought I would start any other series that focuses on reselling from thrift/charity shops. This has become such a huge phenomenon in recent years. There are many tools and applications that are out there now that make it easier to sell. It does take a lot of time and effort to make lots of money though. Often, people will sell items that they know are worth a lot of money or they are just trying to get rid of them. It is comparable to having a garage sale. You try to sell the items you don’t want and if you don’t you often end up donating them. I have some experience in this area, mostly selling clothes and miscellaneous items around my house. In this first post, I thought I would give some background on this area of selling. I will also be including some tips on reselling items found in these stores. After this week, I thought I would move on to reviewing the specific applications that are used to resell. I will be highlighting the pros and cons of them. I will also be highlighting some external tools that are good for reselling. So stay tuned for that and read below for more information about reselling items from thrift stores.
Grant’s tips for reselling items from the thrift:

1. Search all over the store: this tip has somehow managed to make it in every blog post. That is because it is so important. If you leave without looking at all the items you may have missed something amazing. I know I always done regret if I don’t look. You don’t even need to be thorough, you can skim!
  2. Frequent certain locations: new items are put out daily. If you go frequently you will be able to see fresh items and those are the ones that go quickly. You may even be able to build up a repitore  with the workers. That could lead to information that may be helpful. if you frequent a certain location, you’ll be able to take advantage of certain deal days, the next tip.
  3. Discount days: thrift stores often will have days where items are cheaper. These include: senior, veterans, or student days. You can snatch up an item for a lower price which could mean a higher profit when you sell it.
  4. Use your phone: your phone is your best resource for checking sold prices: If you find an item, but you don’t know what it is worth you can look it up. That will help you judge on whether or not it is worth buying to sell.
  5. High end locations: thrift stores in financially stable areas may have better quality items. That means more money for you. 
  6. Shipping costs: always consider how much an item may be to shipped. You want to consider what the item costs and what you can sell it for, but also think about the cost to ship. It may not be worth the money to buy the item if the shipping is high and the profit margin is low.

These are just some basics tips for reselling at the thrift. We will get into more tips as we talk about the certain applications that you can use to resell. Down below are a preview of the ones we will be discussing soon.