Hey all,
Welcome to my blog. If you are new here; my name is Grant and I like to thrift. I do it to find things for me and sometimes I do it because I want to find things to sell. Often I will buy something to sell, but then I will end up keeping it. If you have been following along from previous weeks, we are in the series of reselling applications. Again, reselling in the thrift world has become so big. It’s something that is pretty simple so a lot of people feel as if they can do it. I will tell you right away, it is not simple. It will take a lot of time,energy, and knowledge to make money. To me, it is just something I do when I need money on the side or I am trying to get rid of something I bought at the thrift and then didn’t want. This week I thought I would focus on Poshmark. Poshmark is an application that I do not have experience with, yet it has started to become one of the biggest applications out there. I downloaded about a year ago to try it out and I was kind of overwhelmed. It has a different feel and format than other applications. The other thing is that it is a fairly common place to sell women’s clothes, which I don’t do. I ended up listing items, but then leaving because I was having success on eBay and Depop. Yet, I did my research for this post and I am able to give you the full rundown of Poshmark. See below:
Poshmark launched in 2011 and is branded as a social commerce site where you can buy or sell new and used clothing, shoes, and accessories. it is very picture dominated application that allows users to express what they have. The interface of the application is relatively easy to use and doesn’t take long to get used to. Poshmark is one of the applications that tries to get engagement among its users and communities. They have a feature known as “Posh Parties” where thousands of users will log in and shop a sale. It is essentially hosting a garage sale for online. They also encourage users to be active in the community and follow/engage with other users. It is clear Poshmark is a website that is geared towards millennials/gen z. I will be showing the steps to listing an item below:

I will say Poshmark is the only application that had a detailed guide for sellers and buyers. The other ones that I have reviews have ones, but they are not detailed. That a big point bonus for Poshmark lol. I have attached their guide so you all can check out some details that I didn’t discuss. https://poshmark.com/posh_guide
I feel like I am saying the same ideas at the ends of these posts talking about reselling applications. It is because they are similar, but each one has a different benefit. The one thing to remember is that each application has a certain demographic that you need to understand. Some items will sell better on one than the other. For Poshmark, I will recommend women’s clothing/accessories. It is the items that dominate the application. So get to selling/buying and I will see you next week with another review of an application.