A4 Class/ National Railway Museum

Hello everyone, welcome back to my blog. I hope everyone is having a good week and are staying well and safe. I will be discussing the new topic today on our pages. We will be talking about the famous LNER A4 class, which got built-in 1935. This model got made by Nigel Gresley, the same designer who created the Flying Scotsman. The A4 courses are known to be the fastest steam trains globally and get designed to become streamlined. A streamliner is a vehicle incorporating streamlining in shape, providing reduced air resistance. The term gets applied to high-speed railway trainsets of the 1930s to 1950s and their successor “bullet trains.” Please remember to check out the weekly photo and video this week to see more pieces of information and pictures of the train. This week, another post will be made on The National Railway Museum, a museum in York forming part of the Science Museum Group. The museum tells the story of rail transport in Britain and its impact on society. This first museum post will be made for the website, so please check it out as soon as possible. This museum contains some of the crucial facts of high-quality trains, including the streamlined locomotive, Mallard, the fastest speed steam train in the world. The museum also includes the Flying Scotsman, which is a great post to check out if you are interested in learning more about the brother of the A4 classes. Please remember to comment and provide feedback on things you know about the topic. 

3 thoughts on “A4 Class/ National Railway Museum

1. Your site is so cute! I love that you have a train of the week and videos to go along with them. I sure do not know a lot about trains but your blog makes it easy to follow! I can’t wait to read more.