By: Peyton Boelk
Did someone say date night? While Whitewater, Wisconsin is definitely not Paris, there are still a plethora of fun things to do with your special someone. From dinner to activities, this guide to the perfect date night in Whitewater has you covered!
No successful date night is complete without a fun and delicious place to grab a bite to eat. I’ve compiled a list of different restaurants in the area, complete with menus and price ranges!
- Mr. Brews Taphouse – Fort Atkinson, WI – $8-10/person
- Looking for a relaxed environment with great food at great prices? Mr. Brews Taphouse is a quick 15 minute drive to Fort Atkinson. Guests can enjoy their array of pub food, ranging from delicious burgers to specialty fries and chips.
- Jessica’s Family Restaurant – Whitewater, WI – $8-12/person
- Jessica’s sits in the heart of downtown as a staple in Whitewater. While they serve burgers and other dinner food, Jessica’s is the gold standard when it comes to breakfast. If dinner dates aren’t your thing, head to Jessica’s for an all-encompassing breakfast date.
- Cozumel – Whitewater, WI – $10-20/person
- Some may say you aren’t a true UW-Whitewater student if you haven’t been to Cozumel. Being the staple Mexican restaurant in town, Cozumel is the go-to location for your favorite Mexican eats. Whether you want show stopping fajitas or classic tacos, there’s something for everyone.
- Second Salem Brewing Co. – Whitewater, WI – $10-15/person
- Located in downtown Whitewater, Second Salem Brewing Co. specializes in elevated bar food with delicious burgers, handhelds, and pasta. Be sure to take note of the restaurant’s atmosphere…it’s not called Second Salem for no reason!
- Fort 88 – Fort Atkinson, WI – $12-20/person
- Did someone say BBQ? From smoked meats to handhelds, Fort 88 offers authentic Texas style smoked BBQ in the heart of Wisconsin. With a welcoming and rustic atmosphere, you are sure to have a great time with your special someone.
- Fanatico – Whitewater, WI – $13-20/person
- Also located in downtown Whitewater, Fanatico is the destination for authentic Italian cuisine while in Whitewater. Whether you’re craving spaghetti and meatballs or calamari, Fanatico does it right, the classic way.
- Black Sheep – Whitewater, WI – $17-25/person
- With a constantly changing menu, Black Sheep is one to impress with ingredients sourced locally from scratch. Amongst the different restaurants in Whitewater, Black Sheep definitely shines when it comes to class and high-end cuisine.
No date night is complete without an activity! Whether you want to stay close to home or are willing to trek to beyond Whitewater, there’s an activity for everyone.
FREE UW-Whitewater Activities
- Bowling at Warhawk Alley – FREE (for UW-Whitewater Students)
- Movie at Summers Auditorium – FREE (for UW-Whitewater Students)
- Visit Roberta’s Art Gallery – FREE (for UW-Whitewater Students)
- Attend a sporting event – FREE (for UW-Whitewater Students)
- Attend a non-ticketed event from the College of Arts and Communication – FREE (for UW-Whitewater Students) – See ticketed events HERE
- Hike at the Whitewater Effigy Mounds Preserve
- Hike at Whitewater Lake
- Hike at Whitewater Creek
- Hike the Nordic Trail Green Loop
- Walk around Downtown Janesville
- See a movie at Whitewater Cinemas – $7/person, Whitewater, WI
- Attend an outdoor movie at Highway 18 Outdoor Theatre – $10/person (Seasonal), Jefferson, WI
- Go to the Barista Cats Cafe – $10.50+/person, Whitewater, WI
- Go ax throwing at Kiss my Axe – $25/person, Watertown, WI
- Attend a show at the Fireside Theatre – Prices vary, Fort Atkinson, WI
Date night is a great opportunity to bond with your special someone. Take these ideas and get creative! Be sure to hang up, hang out, and have fun! As the wise Ferris Bueller once said, “life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
Leave a Reply