Apex Legends

Apex Legends is a free-to-play battle royale shooter game developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by EA. It was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One in February 2019, and for Nintendo Switch in March. This is currently one of the games I have been playing a lot. I think it is a fun casual game and has a pretty good competitive scene too.

Apex Legends is a pretty good all round battle royale. This game holds a special place in my heart because I have spent a lot of time playing and getting good at this game since its release. The reason this game caught and held my attention for so long is because it is different from other games and it uses weapons, abilities, and mechanics from an amazing game franchise Titanfall. All of the characters from Apex have a lore history with Titanfall it is cool to see the history of the characters you play.

All of the abilities for the characters are unique and add a different level of strategy to the game. When to use them, how to use them, and where to use them. The weapons and loot pool are balanced for the most part. Every now and again you will have a time when you drop and can’t find a gun, but it happens to everyone. In my opinion I also think that all the maps you have are amazing too. They are on a split rotation where there are 2 maps on rotation every half season. The maps you have are the original map Kings Canyon, you also have World’s Edge, Olympus, and the brand new map Storm Point.

The weapons in this game vary based on ammo type instead of range, for Light, Heavy, and Energy rounds you have at least 1 sub-machine gun (Short Range), Assault Rifle (Mid-Long Range), and Light Machine Gun (Short-Medium Range). After that you also have your Snipers and Shotguns as well. Something cool this game does is it has a rotation of what are called Care Package Weapons, which are high tier weapons that only come down in random care packages. These weapons are game changers, usually weapons that were heavily used when ground loot that are given a considerable buff then thrown in the care package, then 1 of the weapons which has never been ground loot is the Kraber Sniper it is a one shot headshot, and 2 shot body shot.

Apologies on the intro it is an old gamer tag.

This game all together is pretty good as a game. The one part of this game that I have a problem with is the player base at times. Players can get very toxic and sometimes will just disconnect. Also when a new season drops the servers get a bit overloaded and there tends to be a lot of problems with the game for the first week or two which for a big company like respawn is a bit unacceptable. That is why I am only giving this game a 4 out of 5. Other than that this game is amazing, I love the mechanics, the weapons, the characters and the maps. It will be one of my favorite games to compete in and play.

3 responses to “Apex Legends”

1. AG4D says:

wow insteresting
    AG4D

2. Evan Ferguson says:

My roommates and I love this game! Glad to see this one aged better than Fortnite!

3. Nick Sullivan says:

I am curious if Apex will still be popular in the next few years.