Halo 4

Halo 4 is a 2012 first-person shooter video game developed by 343 Industries and published by Microsoft Studios. This game is the 6th installment in the Halo Series. I am super excited as always to review another Halo especially 4 being as it is in my top 3 Halo games.

This week I was supposed to review Battlefield V but the game didn’t have a formal campaign so I switched to something even better: Halo 4. I my opinion this game is a masterpiece. 343 industries did a wonderful job on this game despite this being the first Halo they have done after they split from Bungie. Despite that bump in the road they came back two years after Halo 3: ODST and came back strong. With updated graphics, and Master Chief’s new Mark VI armor, Halo never looked so good.

In this Halo, you start on the destroyed Forward unto Dawn when Chief and Cortana the AI have been adrift at space for 4 years. They find their way onto a Forerunner planet and fight the Covenant and a new enemy; the Prometheans. When trying to relay a message back to the friendly UNSC Cruiser the Infinity, Chief accidentally is trapped into awakening the Didact, the ruler of the Prometheans and the Forerunner planet. With the Didact trapping the Infinity on the Forerunner planet known as Requiem, you race against time to stop the Didact from carrying out his dastardly plans and all while trying to get Cortana back to Dr. Halsey to save her from her rampancy.

The level design of this game is marveling. I would find myself having to take in the scenery of each level every time the setting changed. Not to mention the new enemy that appears in this game, the Prometheans look incredibly astonishing. The storyline of the came is compelling, it ropes you in to Halo lore so at the end of the game you want to read more about the history of the story and the enemies. It makes you want to play again. Not to mention the graphics of this game in both the original Xbox 360 game and the later version released for The Master Chief Collection look amazing. For 2012 this game is ahead of its time. Which is why I am giving it a definite 5 out of 5 stars. I can and have played this game over and over again.

4 responses to “Halo 4”

1. Carli Podella says:

This game sounds interesting!

2. Dalon Williams says:

I fucking love this game, I have not played halo in such a long time. brings back the best memories

3. Mike Blake says:

In my opinion, Halo 3 is the best Halo in the franchise only because it was the first-ever game I was allowed to play

4. Katie Pollock says:

You mentioned that 343 split from Bungie, which personally, I think was a great idea. Bungie has some questionable practices and I’m glad that 343 could rise above that.