Finding an Apartment

During the moving process, people are either fixated on either two things. Either find a new place to live because they are so excited or pack up everything to move before finding a place that they are set on. I do believe these are two of the more important steps in moving, but finding a place to live that is ideal for you, is crucial. You don’t want to be excited about moving and end up finding a place you are not satisfied with. Especially if moving states or across the country. Researching restaurants, grocery stores, schools, etc.. around your area, can help conclude where exactly you want to be located. Like I said before, organizing your thoughts on paper from what you like, to what you don’t like, and what you can and cannot live without, will help you take away and add important things to your list. This list in the end helps you realize the things that matter and what doesn’t matter to you and where you are living. 

Finding the perfect apartment for my boyfriend and me was something we were very passionate about. Looking in Charleston, South Carolina was a location we were set on from the start. First just typing in apartments in Charleston, South Carolina, there were so many options available. But, details are what you need to consider when looking. For example, on the outside, an apartment can have all of the amenities you want, but they don’t have something in the apartment that you were set on having. It took us a while to figure out what we wanted and the things we could live without. As we were laying out our wants and needs, we put two-three amenities aside that we thought were a must. Two of the amenities we were set on had been a pool and workout center.

Clubhouse_yaeda0.jpg (1200×600)

After the fun and exciting hours of looking around for the perfect apartment, Grande Oaks Parc Apartments came to our attention. It was perfect. It had everything we wanted and more. Everything close, parking garage, pool and workout center, everything we wanted in an apartment, and all in our budget. After deep research on this apartment, we thought it would be perfect for us. When my boyfriend and I go to South Carolina in June, we will be touring the apartment to see if it’s just right for us. We are beyond excited to have found our perfect apartment so early on and can plan and save for the future!

One thought on “Finding an Apartment

1. Hi, Emily! I’m really looking forward to reading more about your journey. My husband and I moved from Illinois to Wisconsin in 2020, and it was definitely an interesting time. We researched locations for a few months–safety, nearby food, sights, etc. It’s definitely a big process! I’m glad you found something you both like, and I hope it works out once you get there!