On Saturday, August 15, Instructure will deploy the latest release to the Canvas environment. The highlights of this release are listed below. The full release notes are also available.
- Assignments – Bulk Editing Enhancements: The Edit Assignment Dates page will now allow you to select multiple assignments, batch edit dates, and will warn Teachers if the Start and End dates conflict with the Due Date. This should allow for faster date management of courses.
- Course – Course Level Notifications: Students will now be able to manage their notifications at the course level.
- Commons – Guide Help Menu: The Commons menu includes a link that displays frequently used Commons guides.
- New Quizzes – LockDown Browser Support: Respondus Lockdown Browser will be supported in New Quizzes.
- Assignments – Limited Submission Attempts: Instructors will be able to set the number of submissions that can be made for a Canvas assignment.
- Pages – Bulk Page Delete: Multiple pages can be deleted at one time in the Pages Index. This allows outdated content to be removed more quickly.
- People – Course Section Column Student Visibility: The course section column can be hidden from students in the People page when more than one section is in the course. This will prevent student from viewing the sections of other student in the same course.
- User Navigation – Global Announcements Page: The User Navigation Menu includes a link to Global Announcements, which displays current and recent announcements for the institution. This will allow users to view announcements that were previously dismissed from the Dashboard.
If you have any questions or concerns about the service pack updates, please contact UW-W Canvas Support.