Hello Everyone!

My name is Mike Blake, I am a senior majoring in journalism with an emphasis in advertising and minoring corporate communications. I am from Crystal Lake, IL which is about 90 minutes south of Whitewater. Yes, being from Illinois that does mean I am a Bears, Cubs, and Bulls fan. I don’t care for either the Blackhawks, the White Sox, or the Chicago Fire; I do not dislike them, I am just not in tune with those sports organizations as I am with the others.

I am very involved on campus. I’m a part of Active Minds to spread awareness and advocacy for mental health and UWW Active which promotes how to live a healthy life. I am also a part of Zeta Phi Eta which is a national professional fraternity in Communication Arts and Sciences.

After graduation, my plan is currently on track to be working for the Northern Trust Corporation which is a financial services company headquartered in Chicago, Illinois that caters to corporations, institutional investors, and ultra-high net worth individuals. Northern Trust is one of the largest banking institutions in the United States and one of the oldest banks in continuous operation.

Hopefully, you learned a little bit about me and I can’t wait to meet all of you and have a great semester!