With another new semester upon us, we once again return back to campus stocked with school supplies, clothes, food (because my mom’s still not convinced I can cook for myself…not that I’m complaining about the free food!), and…an endless supply of  t-shirts?

I’m not entirely sure how it happens, but at the beginning of each school year, I somehow seem to accumulate more and more t-shirts from different events, organizations, contests, etc. If you’re anything like me, you typically wear around 10% of those, and the rest? Why, yes. They have taken up a permanent residence just hanging out in my dresser drawers. Some too large, too small, worn to the point of being mistaken for rags rather than clothes, and others that seemingly have some sort of sentimental value and they just seem to keep sticking around.

At any rate, I figured at some point soon, I’d need to start coming up with some other uses for my overstocked t-shirts (I mean…you can only have so many pairs of pajamas, right?), so here you have it: Five (slightly) unconventional uses for your surplus t-shirts.

12_04CommonThreads_3

1. Prepare your Halloween costume for next year (I call being the multi-colored ghost…NO ONE ELSE CAN STEAL IT!)

12_04CommonThreads_1

2. Make a festive headband. Or scarf. (But really…apparently this is a thing. At least according to Pinterest)

12_04CommonThreads

3. New carpet!

20150107_0633

4. Pillowcase (Life hack: the more pillowcases you have, the less often you need to do laundry.)

12_04CommonThreads_2

5. I mean…you could just wear it. It was a free shirt, after all. (Slight alterations may be required.)

p.s. Don’t forget to check out the Spring Involvement Fair on Wednesday, February 11. Who knows…you may even score a free t-shirt!