Stop the Virus
If you are a person that gets sick often, this is the blog for you. With everything going on in the world, it important to be informed about the disease, the coronavirus. Whether you pay so much attention to the news, know of the virus, or don’t care at all, this virus is spreading. However, this blog isn’t to worry you. In fact, I’m here to tell you ways to continuing avoiding the virus and how to prevent your loved ones and yourself from getting it. Before giving tips on how to avoid this virus, we must learn about the virus itself.
The coronavirus is a type of virus that come in many different forms that can be spread from person to person. COVID-19 is a disease cause by the coronavirus that began in China around December 2019. It has been detected in hundreds of people in China and over 100 other countries, including the US and across the world. There is no vaccine to prevent it and there is no cure, however there are steps to take in prevention to avoid this virus.
As many of us know, this is a virus similar to the flu. The symptoms include, fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and other flu like symptoms. Because it has very similar symptoms to the flu, the prevention measures are quite similar. Below you will find ways to prevent spreading this disease and to prevent yourself from getting it.
1. Wash your hands regularly after touching food, going to the bathroom, common household or everyday items or anything that might look gross or disgusting. Germs are everywhere so it best to prevent them and not have them spread from item to item.
2. Use hand sanitizer after touching everyday items or items you might not come into contact with very often. Make sure the hand sanitizer has at least 60% of alcohol or more in it to get rid of the germs and bacteria. Most hand sanitizers kill 99.9% of bacteria and germs so this will help with being safe rather than sorry.
3. If you have a cough, cough into the bend of your elbow or any other way of covering it and then wash your hands or hand sanitize them if you don’t have access to washing them.
4. Go to the doctor if you have any symptoms and take medicine for whatever symptoms you have. Do not go without treating this.
5. This is maybe the most important by far: STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK. The best way to prevent this is to stay away from others.
Most if not all of the restaurants, bars and stores are closing in Whitewater. However, that doesn’t mean all of our food options are gone. If you are looking for take our or delivery, there are many places in the community that provide meals. Starting March 23rd, prepared individual meals are free for take-out Monday-Friday from 5-7pm and free lunch at 12 on Tuesdays at the Methodists church. The Black sheep is open Tuesday through Friday between 9:30-10:30am and 3:30-9:00pm to receive a meal that you can heat at home or a cold a cold item to eat. No one should go hungry during this time. Check out the Whitewater Facebook Page to guide you in more information regarding food, healthy and the safety of our town.
If you have anymore questions or concerns, ask a doctor or a health care provider on ways to prevent this. Do not stress over this and try to continue living your life as normal. As of March 12th, 2020, 63,310 people have gotten and recovered from this virus so continue to take all precautions possible. You got this Warhawks and stay healthy!
Start Strong, Finish Stronger
Tags: Emma O’Connor, Coronavirus, health, safety, treatment, prevention