Three Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Working Out

1. Being Healthy is a Lifestyle

Working out and eating healthy are great ways to help live a healthy lifestyle. Healthy habits over long periods of time are what really help show and keep progress. Short diets and workout plans may give you quick results, but as soon as you stop the results will fade away. It is very tempting to look for the quick fix now, but you most likely will regret in the long run. It is very important to find a fitness lifestyle that you can maintain and consistently see improvements from.

2. There Will Be Setbacks

Many people who start working or start eating healthy have specific goals and outcomes in mind. Often our plans do not always workout exactly how we think they will. It can be very frustrating when we have a specific timeline in mind of an outcome you want, and you just don’t quite make it there in time. This is why it is important to constantly update your goals. Sometimes you start a new workout and it may take a little while before your start seeing results. Or life gets very busy and you end up eating out with friends a few times or missing a few days at the gym. It is okay to have a few setbacks but is also important to work to get back on track as soon you can.

3. Some Days You Will Not Want to Workout

It is great to get into a workout routine. It can be a very helpful way to keep you going to the gym regularly. Then all the sudden, there comes a day when you do not want to go to the gym at all. You may keep telling yourself you should go, but you still can’t quite get yourself to the gym. I know this happens to me every once in a while! I take this as a sign from my body that maybe it needs a day off from the gym. Instead I choose to do something else that is active, but also sounds like more fun that day. Some great alternative activities are going for a walk outside, going to open swim in the pool, or playing racquetball with a friend. Usually after taking a day off from my workout routine I am more than happy to jump back into it the next day. Just remember it is okay to have days where you don’t want to hit the gym and use that as an opportunity to spend time doing a different fun and active activity!

-All you can do is work to become a better you-

-Sadie Wrobel