Tell us a little bit about yourself.

My name is Jenny Clauer and my pronouns are she/her. I’m the UC Facility Services Supervisor and I’ve been working here for 11 years now.

What does an average day look like working for the UC? What does your position entail? 

Before 5 am, I am addressing problems that have come up from my custodial staff that they have encountered that morning. I arrive at 6 am at Esker to have a meeting with the mechanics. I talk with them about what the agenda is for the day and what work orders are out there. We also discuss what’s coming up for the following days or weeks that will need to get done and address any custodial maintenance problems that have also come up, along with any needs that need urgent attention right away. Next, I check in with the custodians at Esker, Drumlin, and the UC to see what is happening for the day or any other urgent things that need to be addressed. Finally, I return to my office and start checking my emails, work orders, and field questions & concerns about the UC and Dining Services in regards to maintenance and custodial issues. I coordinate all pieces that affect our concerns for space, staff, and students to keep any interruptions to a minimum. 

What does being a UC employee mean to you? 

The UC has always has been like a family to me. I truly value the working relationships I have developed with the students and my fellow coworkers. 

What are some of the most memorable days/moments working for the UC? 

The most memorable day was when the sprinkler head froze. There was water just spraying everywhere! I was very impressed by how the teams came together to get the situation under control and fixed very quickly. 

Why should students visit the UC? 

The UC is a very inviting place to hang out and offers so much for the students. 

What is one piece of advice you can give to current UW-W students? 

Enjoy your time here at the UW-W, get involved in orgs, clubs and go out and meet other people. This time will fly by. 

What is an accomplishment you are most proud of? 

The accomplishment I am most proud of is my family and friends. They are such a great support system!