Keep your skin healthy with this scrumptious blend of vitamin A-rich veggies and fiber-rich lentils.
Serving Size: ¾ cups | Yield: 8 Servings | Method: Diced & Cook
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ cup Yellow onions, ¼” diced
- ½ cup Carrots, fresh, ¼” diced
- ½ cup Celery, fresh, ¼” diced
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper, ground
- ¾ tsp Garlic, chopped
- 1¾ cup Lentils, dried (12.5 oz)
- 1 cup Sweet potatoes, fresh, ½” diced
- 3¾ cup Vegetable stock, low sodium
- 2.5 oz Kale, fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice, fresh
- Over medium heat, add oil to pot.
- Sauté onions until soft, 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and celery, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper to the pot for 2 minutes
- Add lentils, sweet potatoes, and vegetable broth. Let simmer until lentils are al dente, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add kale and lemon juice. Toss well and serve.
PER SERVING: 180 CALORIES | 30 CALORIES FROM FAT | 3.5 GM TOTAL FAT | 0 GM SATURATED FAT | 0 GM TRANS FAT | 0 MG CHOLESTEROL | 180 MG SODIUM | 29 GM CARBOHYDRATE |10 GM FIBER | 3 GM TOTAL SUGARS | 11 GM PROTEIN
– Elior North America