Support your immunity with this craveable, Chinese-inspired bowl. Packed with veggies, anti-inflammatory seasonings and lean protein, this dish offers a variety of nutrition your immune system needs.
Serving Size: 1 cup zoodles & 1 chicken breast | Yield: 5 servings | Method: Grill & Cook
- 5 each Chicken breast, 4 oz.
- 1½ Tbsp Canola or olive oil
- ½ tsp Black pepper, ground
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 cloves Garlic, fresh, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger root, fresh, grated
- ½ tsp Red pepper, crushed
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- ¼ cup Soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 lb Zucchini, fresh, spiralized*
- 1 Tbsp Canola or olive oil
- 5 oz Carrots, fresh spiralized*
- 3.5oz Red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 3.5oz Green bell pepper sliced thin
- 5 Tbsp Green onions, thinly sliced
- Prep chicken by drizzling with first oil listed and season each side with pepper, garlic, and paprika.
- Place chicken on grill until juices run clear and internal temp. reaches 165°F. Slice chicken.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, cornstarch and 1 Tbsp of the soy sauce. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and rest of the soy sauce. Set aside.
- In a large hot skillet, add second oil and stir fry carrots for 2-3 minutes. Add green and red peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add sesame oil mixture to cooked carrots and peppers. Set aside.
- Add sugar and soy sauce mixture to zucchini noodles and sauté in the same large hot skillet for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients in hot skillet, heating throughout.
- Place 8 oz or 1 cup of Szechaun Zoodles in a bowl, ladling some of the juices/sauce created from cooking zucchini over the veggies. Top with one sliced chicken breast. Garnish with 1 Tbsp of green onions. *Spiralize your own zoodles and carrots with a mandolin or spiral cutter or purchase spiralized.
PER SERVING: 260 CALORIES | 110 CALORIES FROM FAT | 12 GM TOTAL FAT | 2 GM SATURATED FAT | 0 GM TRANS FAT | 95 MG CHOLESTEROL | 330 MG SODIUM | 9 GM CARBOHYDRATE | 2 GM FIBER | 5 GM TOTAL SUGARS | 30 GM PROTEIN
– Elior North America