Eating legumes are linked to improved cognition. This salad combines white beans with fresh mango and veggies, tossed with fresh lime juice and extra virgin olive oil – MIND diet approved!
Serving Size: ½ cup | Yield: 10 Servings | Method: Chop & Whisk
- 1 ½ cups Cannellini beans, canned, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup Red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup Red bell pepper, finely diced
- ¼ cup Green bell pepper, finely diced
- ¼ cup Jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 ½ cup Fresh mango, peeled and diced
- 1 ¼ cup Red cabbage, chopped
- ½ tsp Garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- 3 tbsp Lime juice, fresh
- 3 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine beans, cilantro and vegetables in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together garlic, cumin, lime juice and olive oil. Pour over the combined vegetables and gently stir until dressing is evenly distributed.
- Let sit for 1 hour before serving to fully marinate.
PER SERVING: 80 CALORIES | 40 CALORIES FROM FAT | 4.5 GM TOTAL FAT | 0.5 GM SATURATED FAT | 0 G TRANS FAT | 0 MG CHOLESTEROL | 80 MG SODIUM | 9 GM CARBOHYDRATE | 2 GM FIBER | 3 GM TOTAL SUGARS | 2 GM PROTEIN
– Elior North America