Traveling is an incredibly breathtaking experience but can be stressful and a little daunting at times. Where do I go? What do I do in these places? How do I choose what is the best sites are to see? How do I do everything on a budget?  These are just a few of the overwhelming questions that will come over you while planning your trip across the country.

• Plan Ahead
    • I traveled to Europe this past winter break and went to about six different countries and a few islands.  I made sure to research exactly where I wanted to go that would fit into my budget. I wanted to take advantage of my time there while I could because it is exceptionally cheap to take trains or planes between countries.  I went to five of those six countries in one week all by myself.
  • Don’t Be Afraid to Try New Things
    • It was an incredible experience to do everything on my own because I was able to see and do precisely what I wanted to.  I was always on the run fitting everything in every day so that I didn’t leave with regrets that I wish I saw something I didn’t.  Not only did I see the sites, but I tried to have experiences where I could engage in the culture of other countries.  I took cooking classes and tours of the non- tourist countryside’s.  Getting to know the locals and talking with people who understand very little English is an amazing part of the whole experience.  I thoroughly enjoyed having the opportunity to speak to new people everywhere I went because I was alone and didn’t have people to talk to very often.
  • Embrace the Differences 
    • Another great attraction to take advantage of in many cities is the hop on hop off bus.  It takes you to so many sites for a reasonable price while explaining the significance of the areas you will be visiting.  As that is great for the bigger cities, the smaller cities can be a little more difficult to find transportation around, so be ready for lots of walking!  The small little hidden towns have the best treasures, breathtaking views, and the cheapest, yet most authentic cuisines.

Traveling abroad can be a chance of a lifetime, so make sure to make the most out of your time there. It is an incredible experience, so make sure to leave without any regrets!