A Few More Recipes That Made TikTok Blow Up

TikTok is a social media app that forever changed society. Every aspect of social media has changed our world, however, TikTok has a special feature that other apps don’t. It is a video and audio-based app that engages people with their lives in a more real way. It isn’t just a photo that is edited or fabricated for this perfect life, it is their actual life and what people do on a day-to-day basis.

Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, TikTok blew up. People were posting their quarantine day-in-the-life and what they are doing to get through their day. Lockdown brought a lot of creativity for people because there wasn’t anything else to really do but create things that made you happy. Cooking and baking was something that showed up on my ForYou page on TikTok that I thoroughly enjoyed learning about. Everyone has such different recipes that I hadn’t even thought of trying which made trying them even more exciting.

Here are a few more that I found and have loved!

Tomato Feta Pasta

• Add tomatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a baking dish
  • Then add a block of feta cheese right in the middle
  • Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes
  • When it comes out, add some fresh garlic and basil and mix it all together
  • Then add one pound of cooked pasta right on top and give everything a good mix once again
Photo from Yellow Briss Road

Penne Al Brivido

My parents are 100% Italian, so the pasta has been a staple in my life for as long as I can remember. This is a recipe that I found on TikTok that my family has loved!

• 1 lb. baby penne
  • 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • Hot pepper flakes to taste
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon Italian parsley, chopped
  • 1 cup tomato sauce

Heat olive oil over low temperature, add garlic and hot pepper. Cook slowly until golden. Add tomato sauce, basil, and parsley. Add pasta and cook a moment longer.

During quarantine, I developed a love for cooking and trying new recipes. It has helped me relieve stress and makes me very happy.

These photos are photos that I took when I made it, I didn’t have a photo of the tomato feta pasta so I did utilize a photo from Yellow Briss Road. I, unfortunately, do not have the account of the TikTok creators who posted these recipes, but I did not create them myself.

5 thoughts on “A Few More Recipes That Made TikTok Blow Up”

• TikTok was a staple for me during quarantine and I have also tried quite a few recipes that I have seen on the app. Who can forget when the TikTok whipped coffee trend was going viral right at the start of the pandemic? With that being said, many of the recipes on the app go viral for a reason and it is because they are fairly easy and delicious! I will definitely be trying the pasta recipes mentioned in this post since I am also a huge pasta lover myself. Thank you for the great recipe ideas!

• If there’s one thing I never get sick of it’s pasta. Both of these recipes sound amazing and have definitely piqued my interest. TikTok is so great for finding new things to make. I check it pretty much every week to get a new idea for dinner. Now I suppose I can also check your blog as there are plenty of recipes that already sound super good! Thanks for sharing!

• I love pasta! These recipes seem very simple. My husband doesn’t tolerate regular pasta well, but I bet I could easily substitute some GF pasta or a veggie-type noodle in place of the ones listed here. Have you ever substituted anything in these recipes? I think these both could be so flexible and adjustable!

• It’s awesome to see content that blows up and better yet, content that can be used in our day to day lives. Being able to cook is vital to being self sufficient and can help new chefs like myself to become more well rounded in terms of knowledge of recipes. The Tomato Feta Pasta looks delicious and looks really easy to make with not much time being needed to cook. I love recipes like this as I am someone who is busy so being able to use time management skills somewhere else is really important to me.

• Reading this article made me so hungry! I absolutely love pasta and I’m loving the content that you’re providing. I want to try these recipes as soon as possible because they sound delicious. It’s unfortunate that Walmart is all out of pasta though…

Great post!