Influencers Take Over the Marketing World

Influencer marketing is a new factor in today’s society. People all over TikTok have the opportunity to go viral and get a million likes.

Influencer marketing is a brand new content strategy that businesses can take advantage of when utilizing social media. According to Statista and the graph below, 67.9% of US marketers in companies larger than 100 employees were expected to use influencers for marketing purposes in 2021. This is a huge market that is really evolving and TikTok created an easy way for “regular” people to do that. Brand deals and sponsorships are an easy way for companies to get their name out there and engage with consumers. TikTok has the capacity to reach large amounts of people each and every day.

On the global side, the influencer marketing market was valued at 6.5 billion US dollars in 2019. This is huge for companies to consider. Businesses can look into competitors that use influencers as part of their content strategies and it could be a way for new businesses to expand their US market. Even incorporating influencers to reach global markets is an aspect that could be considered when reaching certain target markets. TikTok is a great example of this because of the global reach and algorithm that indicates which videos should be on certain people’s For You Page. 

TikTok is a new platform that users all over the world can post on. And they have the opportunity to go viral and become famous. Influencers can get brand deals, work with large companies, and even meet celebrities. Most of the time, once an influencer becomes viral on TikTok it leads to them being famous on more platforms like Instagram and YouTube.

6 thoughts on “Influencers Take Over the Marketing World”

• I really enjoyed reading this post because it is so true! Influencers have such a big impact on their audience and a lot of the time, the audience will follow and try whatever they say. I think influencers are a really big and important part of marketing nowadays and I have seen a lot of influencers doing a brand deal and it has often made me want to or actually buy/use the product they are promoting. Good job!

• Its very true that now a days we need influencers to promote our business in the market. I really enjoyed by reading this informative article.

Thank you

• Influencer Marketing is so interesting as it incorporates the use of influencers to market a brand. TikTok has blown up and due to this, marketers are utilizing this content for their own brand involvement. My friend was actually given money from the brand DHGate, through which he created and wore a brand product in exchange for free merchandise and some money as well.

• I think this is a super interesting post since social media is such a huge platform for marketers to take advantage of. It makes sense that influencers have the power to help companies market their products on social media since they have such a large following base. I can also relate to this post since a lot of my classes discuss marketing on social media and what they can do to create a larger brand awareness and more engagement, and influencers are part of the answer.

• I think that using influencers is a really cool way of showing off a product or a brand. Companies are paying a large amount for these people I remember when Tyler Blevins “Ninja” was really popular and was offered $50 million to stream on Mixer exclusively. Fun fact his wife Jessica Blevins actually went to UW Whitewater her freshmen year (I’m not sure if she graduated from here.)

• This post is so interesting! Influencers play such a huge role in our society. They have the ability to make social media so much more powerful. They are so important in the marketing and advertising industry. I like your inclusion of the chart. Great job!