TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter?

There are so many social media platforms to choose from today. Is Facebook for millennials? Is TikTok for Gen Z? What if you want to use all four? Social media has given so many choices to people that joining all four platforms can make scrolling through your timelines take so long. However, so many people are all on platforms that you are connecting with the same people on all platforms.

The question is whether or not each platform is different? Instagram used to be a picture platform but now you can watch reels and videos like TikTok does. Twitter used to just be writing your opinions but now you can post photos and watch videos too. And the same with Facebook.

Social media has the power to connect people throughout the country and the world but deciding what platform to use to reach people will also be a deciding factor. Influencers can post all of their content on Instagram but are they reaching the same amount of people that could be reached on TikTok? Same with businesses. Should certain businesses use Facebook Business instead of creating a business TikTok account or using any other platform? The problem is that each platform is different but not too different to not use each one.

But, businesses and influencers should not be posting the same content on each social media platform. This could cause followers to get bored with content and only follow the platform that they are most interested in. The best influencers post content that is different on YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.

5 thoughts on “TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter?”

• This is an interesting read. As a Millennial, I only use Facebook, TikTok, and Instagram regularly. I never got into using Twitter for some reason. I would have loved to read a bit more about what each platform brings to the table! I definitely think each one has its benefits and useful features. I find it funny that a lot of them are overlapping, though. Good job!

• As someone who loves social media, this article was spot on. It’s important to utilize different social media platforms for different audiences. Creating content that fits all platforms doesn’t exist, as each platform expects different results. Personally, I use all of these social media platforms and each platform is meant for different types of content. Overlapping seems useless and I thought this article highlights the importance of not overlapping.

• As someone who doesn’t really use much social media, TikTok has been my go-to for most things. It has recipes, tutorials, reviews, as well as just funny clips. I will say though that IG definitely makes it so that you can have content from anywhere on one platform. That’s nice, however, for easy scrolling, TikTok is still my own personal preference.

• I like how you broke down the differences between the platforms to better explain which platform is right for you. I think anyone can use whatever platform they want despite the age connotations. For example, you mentioned Facebook has a primarily millennial population and TikTok has many Gen Z users. I personally have accounts on all four platforms mentioned, but there are pros and cons to each one.