On Saturday April 16, Instructure will deploy the latest release to the Canvas Environment. The highlights of this release are listed below. The full release notes are also available.
- Gradebook – Apply Score to Ungraded Assignments: This change allows instructors to apply scores to ungraded submissions en masse from an assignment group and Total column menus in the Gradebook.
- New Quizzes – This Course Item Bank Filter: In New Quizzes item banks, the “this course” filter has been added to the filter options.
- Submission Comments – Emojis in Submission Comments: When adding submission comments, instructor and students can add emojis using Emoji Picker.
- Course Settings – Assignment Default Due Time Field: The Assignment Default Due time can be modified at the course level to allow assignments to have the default Due time be for any hour.
- Gradebook – Enhanced Gradebook Filters: When the Enhanced Gradebook Filters feature preview is enabled for a course, instructors can create filters that can be saved or used one time. Setting on this feature were adjusted for greater instructor flexibility.
If you have any questions or concerns about the service pack updates, or even just curious about how they can help you, please contact UW-W Canvas Support.