November marks a turning point in the academic year: with the end of the Fall comes Winterim and Spring! While this time of the year is often busy with grades, advising, and meetings, rest assured that the Learning Technology Center remains committed to meeting the needs of our campus community.
Faculty and Instructors
Finish the Fall Warhawk Strong!
- Sprint through the finish line of the semester with your gradebook set and feedback options in place with Faster Grading with Better Feedback in Canvas Quizzes and Speedgrader.
- Still have some lingering technical problems or uncertainty about Canvas? Bring all of your questions to two “Open Labs”: Canvas Questions and Canvas Grading Lab!
There’s still ample opportunity to register for the remaining sessions of the “Next-Level” Tech for Teaching and Design series! Join any or all of the following:
- Next-Level Multimedia – Rethinking the “Blended Lecture”
- Next-Level Design in Canvas – Modular Design and Gating
- Next-Level Multimedia – Rethinking the “Discussion Board”
Already thinking ahead about the Spring 2022 term? So are we! Join us for numerous workshops that expand your skills in Page design, explore the student experience in Canvas, and offer new perspectives on course syllabi!
New for Winter 2022!
Spend the Winter with the LTC with dedicated time and support to complete course preparation for Spring 2022 or for Summer/Fall 2022!
- The Winter Online Bootcamp will provide guidance and support for instructors working preparing or launching Spring 2022 courses.
- The Online Blended Institute will focus on design and delivery for Summer and Fall 2022 courses.
Join us on December 6, 2021 at 2:00PM for a workshop on ways to integrate LinkedIn Learning’s on-demand video tutorials into lectures and assignments. We will also explore how to use custom playlists!
Want to learn more about LinkedIn Learning? Checkout our blog post and get started today!
New to campus or looking for a campus technology refresher?
Highlights for November 2021:
- Better manage your email and calendar with our Outlook Basics plus Tips & Tricks session.
- Learn about how Webex Assistant can make meetings more effective, even when they’re done!
- Explore suggestions for effective Webex Meetings and Events.
- Discover new avenues for file sharing and team collaboration with Google Workspace.
- Get quickly acquainted with Ingeniux, the website content management system.
Explore a wide range of learning opportunities to dive deeper into Microsoft Office or Adobe Creative Cloud (which includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, and more). Advance your skills in Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Powerpoint with LinkedIn Learning’s pathways – download the exercise files to practice in real time!
Learn more about LinkedIn Learning and start your learning journey today!
The LTC offers individual and small group consultations on a variety of topics and services, please email email@example.com to learn more and get started!
If you require assistance or have questions on campus technology, please feel free to contact the Help Desk. Outside of Help Desk hours, we invite you to search our Knowledge Base for helpful articles on using and troubleshooting campus technology.