On Saturday, April 14, Instructure will deploy the latest release to the Canvas environment. The highlights of this release are listed below. The full release notes are also available.
- Notifications – Mute Notifications by course: Users will now be able to mute notifications from individual courses.
- Assignments – Limited Submission Attempts: Teachers will now be able to set a maximum number of submission attempts allowed for Assignments.
- Gradebook – Additional SpeedGrader access: The Assignment header menu in the Grades area will now include a link to SpeedGrader for easier access.
- Course navigation – Rubrics: The Manage Rubrics button will no longer be available through Outcomes, and will instead have its own Course Navigation button.
Instructure has moved to a “Ready Release” method of weekly updates to address pressing issues during the sudden shift to online. The full list of ready release notes are available. We have included what we believe to be the two most notable updates here.
- Assignments – Edit assignment due dates and availability: Instructors can now edit the due dates and availability dates for all assignments in a single page.
- User Navigation – QR Code login from app: Instructors and students using the phone apps will now be able to log into it using a QR code.
- Analytics – Chart tabs: Analytics charts are now available in tabs rather than a dropdown.
D2L Retirement is progressing. All information you would like to keep must be exported out of D2L before June 1st, 2020. Whether it’s an old for-credit based course, or an ongoing course – make sure all material is backed up. Once our access is removed, we will not have any way to obtain this data. For more information check out the Desire2Learn Retirement Planning post.
If you have any questions or concerns about the service pack updates, please contact UW-W Canvas Support.