The University of Wisconsin System is transitioning from Desire2Learn (D2L) to Canvas. Here is what you should know for the Fall Semester.
- Courses may be in either Canvas or D2L. During the Fall 2018, Winter 2019 and Spring 2019 semesters instructors have the option to use either Desire2learn or Canvas for their courses. If you aren’t sure where to find your course, be sure to ask your instructor and they can point you in the right direction.
- Canvas 24/7/365 support is available for all users. Most students are already familiar with the D2L Support Form, but what happens when a student needs help with Canvas? You can contact the Canvas 24/7/365 Support team. You can find the Chat and E-mail options on both the Canvas Login Page and in the Help button in the lower left hand corner after you are logged in. If you prefer to call someone, you can reach the 24/7/365 Support at 1-833-811-3207.
- Self-paced Student Training Course is available. Anyone interested in receiving an introduction to Canvas before the start of the semester can self-enroll in the state provided Canvas Student Training course http://go.uww.edu/canvas-student-training
- Informational Tables Available 9/4-9/7. During the first week of classes ICIT will bat at various places around campus to chat with students. See the list below for details, or just keep an eye out for us.
- Esker Dining Hall: Tuesday Sept 4th from 11:30AM-12:30PM
- University Center: Wednesday Sept 5th from 11:30PM-12:30PM
- Drumlin Dining Hall: Thursday Sept 6th from 12:30PM-1:30PM
- University Center: Friday Sept 7th from 12:30PM-1:30PM
If you have questions regarding the Canvas Transition, please contact the UW-W Learning Technology Center.