The LTC has overhauled the D2L Course Request Application and the new version is now available! There are a number of changes and enhancements in the new release:
- New title format for courses! Courses by default will now be named using the following convention: Introduction to Programming (Spring 2013)
Instructors can also rename their course in D2L if desired
- We reduced the number of screens and clicks needed to request a course
- The application now directly pulls cross listed and combined sections from WINS, to eliminate confusion
- The site design is optimized for mobile devices, allowing you to request your courses when you’re “on the go”
- Authentication upgraded to use Single Sign On (Shibboleth). Remember, to logout of the application you will need to close your web browser.
The application can be accessed from the “Instructors” page on the D2L login page, from the “Quick Tools” listed on the sidebar in D2L, or by the direct link D2L Course Request.
We have also created a short video that will walk you through a WINS timetable course request, and explain some of the new features.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this, please contact UW-W D2L Support.