The D2L course request application will be unavailable between 6am and 7am on Thursday, November 8th while we deploy the new version of the application. We will open course requests for the Spring 2013 semester starting Monday, November 12th.
A few of the key changes in the process are:
- New title format for courses! Courses by default will now be named using the following convention: Introduction to Programming (Spring 2013)
Instructors can also rename their course in D2L if desired
- We reduced the number of screens and clicks needed to request a course
- The application now directly pulls cross listed and combined sections from WINS, to eliminate confusion
- The site design is optimized for mobile devices, allowing you to request your courses when you’re “on the go”
- Authentication upgraded to use Single Sign On (Shibboleth)
We are excited about these changes and we hope that this makes your course request process easier. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this, please contact UW-W D2L Support.