Habits to a Healthier Lifestyle
Oftentimes we think that habits to a healthy lifestyle are things like sleep, exercise, or drinking water. While those are crucial to a healthy lifestyle, there are other factors that can help change your mindset and outlook on your day. In this blog, we will be discussing habits that can get you started on a healthier lifestyle.
- Wake up with positivity.
- Sometimes waking up can be a very difficult part of our day when we don’t get enough sleep, or feel bored by our daily routine. Trying to give yourself positive affirmations right as you wake up, can help change your whole mindset for the day.
- Just CHILL.
- Cold therapy, specifically in the morning, can be very beneficial for your mental health. A quick 1-minute cold shower or even an ice cube or roller on your face can wake you up and set your mental health on a positive note for the day.
- A gallon a day keeps the doctor away.
- Staying hydrated and drinking water throughout your day is crucial for your overall health. Mayo Clinic says men should drink 15.5 cups or 1 gallon of water a day and women should have 11.5 cups or 3/4ths of a gallon. Stay well hydrated by adding lemon to your water or drinking sparkling water that is sugar free. Try and drink at least 12 oz within the first 30 minutes of waking up, you will be surprised as to how well starting your day with water can change your hydration throughout the day.
- When in doubt, walk it out.
- Whether you are stressed, anxious, or even bored, go for a walk. Ideally, walking outside can refresh your mental state while getting exercise and absorbing some Vitamin D, but walking indoors on a track or treadmill will still help your mental health. If you are interested in reading more about the benefits of walking, check out one of our latest blogs.
- Fuel your body with protein.
- Try to eat some form of protein at each meal and try to eat meat at least once a day. Eating protein throughout your day keeps you fuller longer, gives you energy, and helps you build muscle. Non Meat protein groups are beans, tofu, lentils, and many more.
- Say goodnight to your phone.
- Put your phone on sleep mode or airplane mode to concentrate on your sleep. Try putting it away 20 minutes before bed, try some nighttime yoga, meditation, or reading a book. It is highly difficult to put this type of self-control on yourself to put down our biggest addiction, but you may be surprised how well you fall asleep that night.
The way to a healthy lifestyle must start with the small habits that add up in the end. If you want to change the way you feel, improve your mental health and overall wellness, start putting these habits into your routine. Set goals for yourself and make the positive impact you need on your life!
Strive for progress, not perfection.