The Seven Secrets of Sleeping
Are you a healthy sleeper? For people who struggle with getting a good night sleep, pay close attention. Like anything we do, preparation is key. Being prepared to go to bed sounds silly but its effective in getting a good night’s sleep. Here are 7 secrets of getting good sleep!
- Watch that caffeine! Caffeine will keep you up late at night when you trying to go to bed. It is important to consumer caffeine early in the day rather than later so it won’t impact your sleep.
- Time to put the phone to sleep too! The bright phone screen puts a strain on our eyes when we are getting ready to bed. Try putting the phone away at least 30 min before you go to bed!
- Routine! Going to bed at a consistent time is also a great way to get better sleep. Your body loves routing and it will even adapt to your schedule. Also, having routine of things to before you go to bed is also a good idea. This will help you and your body get ready for some great sleep
- Your bed should be used for sleep. Even though this is self explanatory, it is important to note that work should not be done bed. This helps your body relax once you get into bed because then it knows that you are trying to sleep.
- Darkness is actually your friend! Try and have your room be dark as possible. This will help you fall asleep much faster.
- Alarms! Be sure to have an alarm that you are comfortable with. Waking up abruptly is not a pleasant way to wake up. Set your alarm to a ring tone that is not too intense but also something that will wake you up.
- No Naps! Be careful on how many naps you take and how late in the day you take them. Napping is good in moderation and in early in the day. Naps have the potential of throwing off your sleep schedule!
Thanks for reading this and have fun sleeping!!
- The Future starts today, not tomorrow