Wisconsin is the place to be in the summertime and there are so many opportunities to fall in love with Wisconsin this summer! If you are looking for fun activities and vacations around the state then you’re in the right place.
Although Whitewater is quieter in the summertime, there is still much fun to be had. Enjoy your home away from home this summer and learn about some of the fun activities available in Whitewater!
- Walk the Hiking Trails and Explore the Parks: There are so many trails and parks to explore in Whitewater including the four Ice Age Trails, the three Nordic Trails, Cravath Lake Park, Starin Park, the UWW Nature Preserve and more!
- Live Music every Friday and Saturday at Whineys: Next to the Fuzzy Pig, Whineys Wine and Beer Haus hosts live music events every Friday and Saturday from 5:30-8 PM. https://thefuzzypigwhitewater.com/whiney-s
- Lake Day: Visit one of the two lakes in Whitewater for a lake day! Rice Lake and Whitewater Lake Beach are two great locations for spending a relaxing day in the sun.
- Go to a Café: There are several cafés across Whitewater including the SweetSpot, Center Street Cafe, and the BaristaCats Café.
- Irvin L. Young Memorial Library: Visit the Irvin L. Young Memorial Library for fun events all summer and to pick up some light reading. https://whitewaterlibrary.org
- Hang Glide Wisconsin: Soar high above the Kettle Moraine with friends and family at Hang Glide Wisconsin, located at N463 County Rd N Whitewater, WI. https://www.wisconsinhanggliding.com
- Golf: Golf a hole in one this summer at one of the three golf courses in Whitewater: Spring Creek (https://www.springcreekgolf.com/home/index.html), and Willow Brook (https://willowbrookgolfwhitewater.com).
- Southern Wakes United(SWU) Water Ski Show: The SWU is the only water ski show team in the Walworth County area and puts on free shows at four different locations in Walworth County. https://www.southernwakesunited.com
- Staller Estate Winery Vineyard: Open from 11 AM to 6 PM every Monday through Sunday for wine tasting and beautiful photo opportunities with your friends or family. https://www.stallerestate.com
- Whitewater Historical Society & Museum: In the heart of Downtown Whitewater, the historical society and museum is a beautiful location for photos, walks, and farmers markets. For more information and the museum hours visit https://www.whitewaterhistoricalsociety.org
If you are not located in Whitewater and want to find new and interesting activities and options for fun, then you are in luck, there is so much fun to indulge in statewide, all summer long!
- The Wisconsin Dells: Visit the waterpark capital of the world and make a splash at one of the waterparks, take a ride on the Wisconsin Ducks, eat some of Wisconsin’s finest foods, hike beautiful trails, go zip lining, go carting, and more. Visit https://www.wisdells.com for more information.
- Door County: Experience Door County with plenty of opportunities for fun. Pick cherries, adventure on scenic trails, visit vineyards, discover shipwrecks and more! Visit https://www.doorcounty.com/experience for more information.
- Slinger Speedway: Swing by Slinger Speedway and watch drivers race around the fastest track in Wisconsin. For tickets and more information visit https://slingersuperspeedway.com
- State Fair: You won’t find anything more Wisconsin than the State Fair! Grab a drink and a cream puff and experience the culture of Wisconsin from August 3-13 2023. For tickets and more information visit https://wistatefair.com/fair/home
- Baraboo: Experience Baraboo and the exciting opportunities for fun. Visit Timbavati Wildlife Park, Circus World, and the Mid-Continent Railway Museum. For more information visit https://www.baraboo.com/things-to-do-in-baraboo
- Milwaukee Public Market: Visit the Milwaukee Public Market and try all the different flavors of the city. Spend a day with friends or family shopping and exploring throughout the Third Ward at the market! Visit https://milwaukeepublicmarket.org for more information.
- Milwaukee Art Museum: Explore the beautiful Milwaukee Art Museum and participate in their events or walk through the decorated hallways of art. For more information visit https://mam.org
- Brewers Games: Bat right up to the home of the Milwaukee Brewers and spend the afternoon tailgating before the Brewers game. For tickets and more information visit https://www.mlb.com/brewers/ballpark
- Cave of the Mounds: Discover the natural treasures of Wisconsin at the Cave of the Mounds. Take a guided tour of the cave and explore the varieties of mineral formations. For more information and prices visit https://www.caveofthemounds.com
- House on the Rock: Prepare to be amazed by the spectacular attractions of the House on the Rock and explore the astonishing rooms and history. For tickets and more information visit https://www.thehouseontherock.com
Get out of the house and discover Whitewater and the spectacular state of Wisconsin. Experience the culture, beauty, and fun to be had in the state this summer. Make the most of your break from school and have some fun! Let us know what your favorite Wisconsin summer activities are in the comments:)