Fried rice turns 100% plant-based in this yummy blend of veggies, anti-inflammatory spices, and brown rice. Garbanzo beans add additional plant-protein to the mix. Top with toasted cashews as desired.
Serving Size: 2 cups | Yield: 12 cups | Method: Cook
- 1 ½ tsp Turmeric, ground
- 1 ½ tsp Coriander, ground
- 1 ½ tsp Curry powder
- 1 ½ tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 ½ tsp Ginger, ground
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 2 cups Cauliflower, small florets
- 1 ½ cups Red onion, small diced
- 2 cups Carrots, matchsticks
- ½ cup Water
- 1 cup Spinach, frozen, chopped
- 1 cup Peas, frozen
- 2 cups Garbanzo beans, canned, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- 6 cups Brown rice, cooked
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Cilantro, fresh, chopped
Pre-Prep: Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium-heat, combine the turmeric, coriander, curry powder, cumin and ground ginger in a dry skillet and toast until golden brown in color. Remove from heat and set aside in a separate bowl.
- In a large wok-sized pan over high-heat, heat oil and then add garlic for about 1 minute being careful not to burn it. Next, add the cauliflower and onions, and stir frequently until onions are translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add the carrots and a splash of water. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Add the spices and mix in for a few seconds. Add the greens, peas and garbanzo beans, ketchup and a splash of water. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked al dente or to preference.
- Add the cooked rice and salt and toss well. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until blend has come to 140 degrees. Garnish with 1 tbsp cilantro and serve.