Although I’m a Wisconsin native, there are still days that I struggle with figuring out what to do. With that said, when you take the time to look around, Wisconsin truly has a lot to offer. Since summer is around for a limited time, I try to take advantage of the weather. Based on that, I tried to put together a slew of things to do and where to look for those days that you need things to do (Wisconsin edition).
Sunflower fields are everywhere and always a blast – beautiful and a good time. With that said, the season for sunflowers is short, so make sure to check the dates of patches before you go!
- Menomonee Falls, WI – Lannon Sunflower Farm
- Janesville, WI – Skelly’s Farm Market
- Burlington, WI – Oak Rest Farms
There are plenty more fields in Wisconsin, don’t be afraid to check out Google for a sunflower field near you!
Wisconsin State Fair
Anyone else missing the State Fair? Have no fear, a drive through is here! It is still possible to enjoy the Wisconsin State Fair food that every Wisconsite craves when August rolls around. Check out the Wisconsin State Fair website for more information and weekly menus!
**And for your special Wisconsin Cream Puff needs, you can also check out the link HERE for more deals!
Wisconsin is full of incredible views, but sometimes it can be challenging to figure out what exactly to do or where to look. Check out these awesome resources for things to do with your friends and family!
- Wisconsin Outdoor Activities – Travel Wisconsin is a great resource! From golfing to camping to horseback riding, Travel Wisconsin has information on locations, activities, and more to inspire your day or weekend trip in-state!
- Wisconsin Dells – Although the first thing you think of when you hear “Wisconsin Dells” are waterparks, there is so much instore in the dells! From hiking, golfing, wineries and distilleries (if of age), etc. Depending on your price range, there are things to do like kayaking or ziplining!
- State and County Parks – A whole list for whatever county or area you live around or are willing to drive to!
There are Farmers Markets running all over Wisconsin! From cities to counties, this website makes it easy to find farmers markets near you AND when they are! Click HERE to find a farmers market near you.
These gardens are for plant lovers and their non-plant lover friends. These gardens are incredibly unique, filled with different colors, sculptures, and more! Many are open and are taking reservations. Book your time and take advantage of the summer weather and sights.
- Janesville, WIi – https://www.rotarybotanicalgardens.org/
- Madison, WI – http://www.olbrich.org/
- Madison, WI – https://allencentennialgarden.wisc.edu/plan-your-visit/
- Hales Corners, WI – https://county.milwaukee.gov/EN/Parks/Explore/Boerner-Botanical-Gardens
- Green Bay, WI – https://gbbg.org/
- Sheboygan, WI – http://www.bookwormgardens.org/home
**so many more!
Art museums are wonderful, but they are thankfully a resource that one can use all year round. Check out these outdoor art spaces, there will be far more fun during a day under the sun!
- Milwaukee, WI – https://www.lyndensculpturegarden.org/
- Sheboygan, WI – http://www.kohlerfoundation.org/preservation/preserved-sites/tellen-woodland-sculpture-garden/
- Colgate, WI – https://www.bobrowitzsculpture.com/gallery
- Milwaukee, WI – https://www.sculpturemilwaukee.com/
Wisconsin is full of surprises and things to do. There’s no need to search for what else to do this summer with so many activities right in your state’s backyard! Have some fun, and share your adventures with us on social media by tagging @uc_uww and using the hashtag #uwwucadventure.
Leave a Reply