Sep 23

Are Journalist Safe

jourlist

One thing that we should all ask ourselves no matter if we are working a live shots ;Are Journalist safe? While searching through feedly I found a story about rather Journalist are safe during live shots,http://www.advancingthestory.com/2015/08/28/how-safe-are-live-shots/  Recently two reporters were killed while making a live, i feel like we need to start questioning rather or not journalism is safe when you are reporting.

I think as a journalist you should have some kind of protection so that things like this could be prevented. Journalist are out to do their jobs and shouldn’t have to worry about their surroundings all the time.

It’s sad that these journalist got killed while working. its time to protect the journalist that are working and doing something that they love to do. right now i don’t think that journalist are safe during live shots, and this is one of many incidents that proves it.

1 comment

1 Comment so far

1. Kyle September 25th, 2015 1:54 am

I guess it’s not clear to me what anyone could have done to protect those two journalists. It’s good to be safety aware, but in this case, I’m not sure what they could have done to prevent what happened.