Winterim 2020 and Spring 2020 courses are now available in Canvas.
- Course Combinations. Do you want to combine multiple sections of the same course into a single Canvas course? Follow the steps in the Cross-Listing/Merging Canvas Courses guide. If you need to combine courses that you are not the teacher for or if you have any questions please contact Canvas support.
- Sync Grades to WINS (eGrading). Canvas does have the ability to send your course final grades directly to the WINS Grade Roster at the end of the semester. Get started by viewing the step-by-step instructions.
On Saturday, November 16, Instructure will deploy the latest release to the Canvas environment. The highlights of this release are listed below. The full release notes are also available.
- Training Options: The Help Menu includes a new training portal link for instructors. This new training portal contains complimentary self-paced training resources and provides one-click registration for training webinars which are offered by Instructure.
- Dashboard – Unfavorite a Course option: In the Course Card Dashboard, courses can be removed as favorites from the course card Options menu.
- Pages – Microsoft Immersive Reader: The Microsoft Immersive Reader is being offered in Canvas as a trial feature. This will offer students some basic accessibility options for all Pages in courses. To learn more about this feature, see the Microsoft Immersive Reader website.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to the UW-W Learning Technology Center.