Canvas Users: Winterim 2019 and Spring 2019 Courses are now available in Canvas. Now that you have your course – here is what’s next:
- Courses are Unpublished. By default, all courses that are created in Canvas will come across as unpublished. When a course is unpublished, it’s only visible to you – and students will not see the course. Once you have your content loaded up into the course and ready to go, simply hit the “Publish” button in the top right corner on the course home page. For more information see: Canvas Guide: How do I publish a course?
- Course Combinations. Do you want to combine multiple sections of the same course into a single Canvas course? Follow the steps in the Cross-Listing/Merging Canvas Courses guide. If you need to combine courses that you are not the teacher for or if you have any questions please contact Canvas support.
- Import your content (Master Course). If you have been working in a Master (Blank) course inside of Canvas – great! You can easily copy that content into your semester course and then you’ll be ready to go! Follow these steps to Copy Content from an Existing Canvas Course.
- Import your content (Desire2Learn). If you want to pull content directly over from Desire2Learn into your Canvas course – we got you covered! Follow these steps to Export your Desire2Learn Course and Import it into Canvas. Keep in mind, there will be some adjustments you need to make – so don’t want until the last minute. Check out the D2L Course Complexity App for more information.
- Canvas Support. As a reminder, with Canvas we do have 24/7/365 Phone, Chat and Email Support (links on the login page)! Please direct all questions to Canvas support. If they cannot assist you, they will escalate the issue to local support at UW-Whitewater.
As a reminder, starting in Summer 2019 all courses must be taught in Canvas and Desire2Learn course requests will no longer be available.