The D2L upgrade in June of 2016 introduced a new way to configure and setup quizzes to use the Respondus Lockdown Browser. We were recently made aware that if you copy content into your course that was created prior to June 8th 2016, the quiz will not work until you visit the new “LockDown Browser” Dashboard and fix the settings.
There are 3 issues to be aware of:
- Content created prior to June 8th, 2016 will be copied with the legacy config. Follow the steps below to correct the issue.
- The first time you load the LockDown Browser Dashboard in the course, it may not show the correct information. Be sure to load the dashboard at least 2 times to confirm your quiz configuration is correct. This issue is confirmed and being worked on by Respondus.
- When configured, the quiz name will have “Requires Respondus LockDown Browser” added to the end of the name. You cannot remove this or it will break the configuration. If you did remove it, follow the steps below to correct the issue.
To correct this issue, perform the following:
- In your Course, click on the “Quizzes” item on the menu.
- Select the “LockDown Browser” item. (Due to an additional issue, you will have to load the screen at least 2 times before the correct information shows)
- If you see “Fix It” buttons, click them for each quiz to fix the configuration issues.
- Be sure to load the LockDown Browser dashboard at least two times to verify that everything is correct.
If you have any questions or comments about this issue, please contact UW-W Desire2Learn Support.