Cisco has scheduled an upgrade to WebEx, our web conferencing service, tonight, Wednesday, September 3, 2014. The upgrade will take place between 9:00 p.m. September 3 and 2:00 a.m. September 4 (Central Standard Time).
Upon entering a WebEx session after the upgrade, all meeting hosts and attendees will be asked to download a new version of the WebEx Meeting Center software. Users should follow the prompts to download and install the software on their computer. Once the software has been installed, the user will be required to restart their web browser.
Here are several of the new WebEx features users will enjoy:
- New user interface with modern look and feel.
- New “WebEx ball” icon.
- New icons and panels with consolidated controls and “Quick Start” tabs.
- Users can now resize the video pane.
- Introduction of “Collaboration Meeting Rooms.”
- Ability to allow a host to leave a meeting without being required to end the meeting.
- The host role can be automatic transferred.
We recommend that users allow extra time to become familiar with the new interface before entering into a WebEx meeting.
The ICIT Technology Training team is in the process of updating UW-Whitewater documentation to reflect the changes. Revised information will be posted to our campus WebEx service web page as soon as possible.